Iphone 11 Pro Max Charging Port Repair
Last Updated on by admin
If you’ve been experiencing a dead battery and your iPhone pro max is refusing to charge, there’s a chance the charging port is bad. This article is about how to fix an iphone 11 pro max charging port. let’s get right into it.
- Make sure it’s actually the charging port and not something else like a software problem by plugging in your charger.
- If you are still unable to charge after step 1, use an adapter on your iphone 11 pro max charger. (e.g. use the charger from an Android phone)
- Once both of these steps are completed and you are still unable to charge your iphone 11 pro max, it’s time to take more drastic measures. First, you need to be aware of the risks in repairing your own device. If you’re not confident with it, you can always take your phone to a professional repair service to fix it for you!
- Now that you’re aware of the risk and want to fix it, you need to know how to open your iphone 11 pro max.
How to open your iphone 11 pro max
- Turn off your iphone and remove the battery.
- Next remove the two screws on either side of your phone (1 screw on each side) with a philips screwdriver. Keep the back cover attached for easy access later on.
- Now you must separate your iphone 11 pro max from the charging port. Using a flathead screwdriver, remove the four screws (one on each side) and remove the charging port cover.
- Remove the back case of your iphone 11 pro max by removing it from the center screw.
- Plugging in your charger over an adapter should have you charging again within 30 minutes if you’re lucky. If you’re not, take it to a professional and get the job done professionally.
If this doesn’t work, you can replace the battery by repeating steps ii. and iii. with your new battery (you don’t need to add another adapter). Once you’ve got everything separated, insert the new battery and repeat step i-iv to put it all back together.
This should fix your charging port and hopefully save you a few hundred dollars!
Do well to read our other How-to articles to get more information on how to get things fixed.